Cover Letter For Marketing Manager Job
Marketing Managers plan, direct, and coordinate the marketing of an organization’s products and/or services by performing related duties either personally or through their subordinate supervisors.
Your cover letter is the first thing a hiring manager will see when considering you for the position in question. It is through your cover letter that you can show off your valuable skills that make you stand apart from other candidates in your efficiency to perform what is required of you from the job. Your cover letter will show what specifically you have learned from past experiences that makes you the candidate to hire for the job.
A sample cover letter of a Marketing Manager that showcases the candidate’s skills and experiences which are relevant to the position appears below. Also, be sure to check out our extensive Marketing Manager resume samples.
Dear Mr. Freddie Crawford:
Having elevated the performance and profitability of organizations in the education, healthcare, and technology sectors through expert alignment of innovative marketing and advertising strategies, I am writing to offer your company more than 15 years of experience in Marketing Management.
I have proven ability and specialized knowledge of SEO/SEM, Email Marketing, Website and Landing Page Optimization, New Media, Market Testing, Direct Marketing, TV/Print/Radio advertising, and Social Media Marketing. I am highly skilled at consumer lead generation, cultivation, and conversion through a highly successful combination of traditional and online marketing, utilizing emerging technology to generate unsurpassed growth and revenue.
I possess superior analytical and creative talents, strong project management and planning ability, and have a motivational leadership style that has resulted in double and triple revenues for corporations. As a reputable and honored contributor to many top organizations, I am confident in my abilities to generate superior results for your company as Marketing Manager.
A sample of key contributions includes:
- Spearheaded efforts that increased premier revenues by 121% (from $24.8M to $54.8M) and premier leads by 43%. Focused emphasis on search engine optimization, tested paid search copy and landing pages to improve lead quality. Ensured key partnerships with websites that sourced high quality leads.
- Analyzed and identified several opportunities for improvement related to Google search and SEO rankings. Implemented new strategies to gain links from high SEO sources. Ensured sites were ranked by 3rd party content and social media vendors. Created new PR strategies and expanded web content, leading to 69.6% SEO lead increase. Achieved #1 or #2 ranking in search engines results for online degree related searches.
- Created more robust and effective marketing plans that increased target marketing campaigns and digital advertising, resulting in increased website hits by 250%, new student leads by 233%, and new applications by 142%.
- Pioneered new marketing department, leading company to winning its first million dollar project.
- Procured new clients, leading to 900% revenue growth from $500K to over $5M in only 2 years.
- Designed highly effective customer acquisition campaigns generating 4-6X greater than the industry average.
As a detail-oriented individual with a passion for excellence, I am adept at listening to client’s needs, then analyzing and implementing the best designed solution. I have devoted my career to developing the vision and leadership that fosters brand recognition and growth while positively impacting businesses and communities.
Please accept this letter and enclosed resume as an introduction to my skills and background. For a more detailed presentation of my offerings, feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience to schedule a conference. Thank you in advance for your consideration, and I look forward to our conversation.
Including a convincing marketing manager cover letter with your resume and job application is key to getting the job interview. A resume without a well written cover letter is unlikely to get the attention you want.
The cover letter provides an excellent opportunity to highlight your suitability for the marketing position.
Marketing Manager Cover Letter
Your Contact Details (phone and email)
Mr Lionel Mellon
20 South Parkway
Long Island, NY 11551
Dear Mr Mellon
In response to your job posting for a marketing manager on XYZ website, I have attached my resume for your review and consideration.
X years of experience in almost every aspect of marketing in different industries gives me the confidence that I can offer you exactly what you are looking for in a marketing manager. Please consider some of my successes:
- Developing and implementing a fully integrated marketing program for the X product category that increased sales by X% for HJI Company.
- Designing and executing a data-driven SEO strategy that improved search engine rankings by X% for key product search terms.
- Pursuing new customers through innovative marketing campaigns to achieve an X% increase in the customer base over the last 4 years at HJI Company.
- Engaging directly with customers to build solutions resulting in a substantial increase in customer retention by an average of X% per year.
- Introducing, at regional and national level, new products and line extensions into highly competitive markets, including B and C products.
- Adopting a strongly collaborative approach to working with cross-functional teams resulting in improved productivity and goal achievement.
My proven ability to increase revenue and profitability by building and consolidating market presence through a range of successful strategies can be put to excellent use in a progressive organization such as ABC Company. I would appreciate the opportunity to further discuss the position and how I can add value to your management team.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Always include a convincing cover letter with your marketing manager resume and job application.
Valuable Skills for Today's Marketing Manager
- Digital marketing - able to manage digital media projects, and SEO.
- Social media platforms - able to develop strategies specific to various social media networks
- Strategic thinking and agility - able to approach problems from a unique perspective and quickly change direction when necessary.
- Data-driven with analytics experience - capable of analyzing quantities of data to develop effective marketing programs.
- Collaborative - able to fully engage in cross-functional collaboration for improved results.
- Customer Focused - able to truly understand CRM, customer loyalty and retention strategies and activities.
This persuasive marketing manager resume can be easily adapted for your own use.
Find the help you need to create a winning marketing manager cover letter
Marketing Manager Job Description
What Makes a Good Manager?
List of Strengths
Marketing Manager Sample Resume
Marketing Manager Cover Letter Tips
Sales Manager Cover Letter
Marketing Cover Letter
Win in your job interview. Marketing Manager Interview Questions
Job Interviews > Cover Letters > Marketing Manager
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
to Top of Page