Sample Email Cover Letter For Security Guard
Security Guard Cover Letter
A well written security guard cover letter provides a critical introduction to potential employers. It motivates the reader to take a close look at your resume and to seriously consider your job application.
Your cover letter should be customized and targeted to each specific security guard job opportunity.
Highlight the relevant skills and competencies you bring to the job and convince the employer you are the right job candidate.
SECURITY GUARD COVER LETTER
Your Contact details (phone and email)
Mr Jonah Gray
10 South Parkway
Long Island, NY 11551
Dear Mr Gray
Your recent job posting for a Security Guard immediately caught my interest. I am confident that my 7 years dedicated and dependable experience safeguarding and protecting site assets and personnel will provide the skills and personal qualities you are looking for. I am forwarding my resume for your review and consideration.
Some key points that you will find relevant to this job opportunity include:
- extensive knowledge of public safety, patrolling and monitoring large commercial premises and operating security systems
- solid experience in responding quickly and effectively to emergency and crisis situations
- track record of meticulous security reporting and paperwork
- verifiable record of working 12 hour shifts with energy and commitment
- implementation of improvements to security procedures and processes to improve efficiency
- reputation for demonstrating strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
As a highly observant and hard working security professional, I would welcome the opportunity to meet with you to further discuss how I can benefit your organization.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
In-demand Security Guard Skills
These are the skills generally looked for by employers and can be highlighted in you security guard cover letter:physical fitness
- able to meet the physical requirements of patrolling, responding to emergencies and maintaining energy levels during long shifts
attention to detail and vigilance - able to keenly observe and monitor the surroundings to quickly determine if something is wrong.
integrity and confidentiality - maintain confidentiality and display trustworthiness and ethical behavior at all times
problem-solving - able to identify problems and come up with appropriate solutions
decision-making - able to consider appropriate courses of action and make the right decision quickly while under pressure.
communication skills - able to handle and resolve conflict, able to interact effectively with the public and able to deliver instructions and directions clearly.
dependable and reliable - take personal responsibility for the quality of job performance and complete all required tasks and commitments.
stress tolerance - able to deal with high stress situations calmly and effectively.
Always include a cover letter to boost your security guard resume.
Security Guard Cover Letter and Resume
Sample Resume for Security Guard
Security Guard Resume Objective
Security Guard Job Description
Security Guard Cover Letter Tips
Cover Letter Template
Your Job Interview
Top 10 Interview Questions
Top 10 Interview Tips
5 Common Interview Questions
Job Interviews > Cover Letter Samples > Security Guard
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
To Top of Page
Security Guard Advice
Security guards are always in demand, but to land the job you’ll need to show you’re experienced, dependable, and have a strong cover letter. With the cover letter examples we’ve created, it’s easier than ever to put together your own security guard cover letter in no time. Just click on any of the examples below, and use the pre-written text samples as a guide in crafting your cover letter. Good security guards are needed: be ready to get the job with a winning cover letter!
Cover Letter Tips for Security Guard
These days, landing a job as a Security Guard takes more than responding to a help wanted ad. It takes interview preparation, networking, skill building and more. Make every step count in your job hunt with these tips.
1. Get in through the backdoor. In other words, you need to network with professionals working in your desired field. You can get ahead of the faceless applicant pool by directly introducing yourself to people who can get your cover letter to the top of the pile.
2. Join the local chapter of a professional organization. Oftentimes, the members are working professionals in your area. They are more than likely able to let you know of job openings or introduce you to key people who make hiring decisions.
3. Take classes that are in line with your career goals. It builds up your cover letter and your skill set.
4. Read and research the companies that you are applying to. Not only does it help you customize your application and cover letter for the company, it can help you determine whether the company will be a good cultural fit for you.
5. Be confident in proving your worth. Job seekers must be able to market themselves. You need to show through your cover letter and interview that you offer skills better than the other candidates.
Security Guard Job Seeking Tips
In a competitive job market, employers are looking for more than the right fit: they want someone who fits like a glove. Convince employers of your worth through your cover letter. Here are a few cover letter tips that can help you get your foot in the door and well on your way toward snagging a job as a Security Guard.
1. Quantify your work. Numbers tell a story, especially when it comes to your accomplishments. Statistics, numbers and percentages catch the attention of potential employers.
2. Make your cover letter clean and readable. Many websites offer free templates to help you get started on a readable layout.
3. Emphasize experience or skills that you want to pursue in the future.
4. When seeking to change careers, make sure to highlight transferrable skills.
5. Use strong verbs like collaborated;” they help to catch the attention of the hiring manager.